Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Blogtober Day 1

Today officially kicks off the beginning of October and now my husband can't give me blank stares when I am eating and drinking all things pumpkin or decorating the house for fall. It also starts Helene and Taylor's Blogtober Linkup. These lovely ladies have come up with 30 amazing blog post topics and for each day of the month of October you can follow the prompt and then link up. This will be a great way to meet other bloggers and hopefully get myself out of the blogging rut by getting my creative fingers going so I have something to come up with to write about.


Today I am going to be talking about what I would do if I won the lottery and let's just start off by saying my luck streak used to be really good but I honestly haven't even given any practice for a while. I am the girl who always wins the scratch off cards that we get for Christmas presents every year, when I was 9 years old I won a mountain bike at the dirt track race track's annual kids night and when I was 7 years old I won a Remington 22 shotgun at a Duck's Unlimited Kids Day! Just talking about it makes me want to grab a couple scratch offs from the gas station. 


If I really did strike it big though with the lottery the first thing we would do is pay off all of our debt! Gotta get all of that out of the way. After that is all done with we would buy a huge chunk of property and build our dream home! 
Morton Buildings

Our plan is to have a Morton Building put up and transform it into a Barn House. 

Isn't it amazing how your priorities change over the years? in my teens or even a year or two ago I would have told you I wanted a huge mansion with granite counters, a massive walk in closet and all the bells and whistles. That was all before I got married and got a huge dose of reality! Life is so much more than the material things, even though they are generally what make us happy they are also what can bring us down. Do I wish I had a comfortable money cushion? yes. Do I wish I could go on multiple shopping trips and have the cutest outfits to wear for every season? yes yes. Do I wish I could scratch off a lottery ticket or pick those lucky numbers and hit jack pot?! HELL Yes! But I can tell you I would definitely have to reconsider exactly what I would do with those winnings if it did happen because even though that comfortability would make me a more relaxed person I still like living with the unknown of what is going to happen next and working to own what I do have.


Helene in Between

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Totally agree! If I won the lotto I would totally pay off our debt too! :) How cool that you always get so lucky on scratch off's!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great day!