Thursday, October 2, 2014

Blogtober Day 2

Well it is Day 2 of Blogtober and today's blog topic is what was your dream job when you were little and what what is it now. If you are new to this whole #Blogtober14 thing well it is not too late to join in, I mean we are only two days in you haven't missed too much! So far just a bunch of dreaming going on around here.

Anyways from the age of 7 to about 8 or maybe even 9 years old I wanted to be Stacey from The Babysitters Club. Yep that's right a girl straight out of a fictional book series. Really any of the girls in the Babysitter's Club would have done. Did you ever read these books?
These girls always had so much fun in the books and I seriously would spend hours reading about them. In between going to school and reading these books I would find myself drawing out my own plans for my own Babysitters Club.

In my later tween years I wanted to be a writer (that is probably why I love blogger so much!) I filled notebooks with little stories that I made up and would even illustrate pictures to go with them. Somewhere at my parent's house is a box of all those notebooks that I let my creativity run wild in! I figure once I finish cleaning out my old bedroom I will find them.

All through high school and a year into college I had my mind set on being a speech pathologist but somewhere along the way I let myself get distracted and fell off that trail and ever since then I have kind of been on this unknown journey of what I really want to do career wise.
I love my current job at the law firm and also love being in the office atmosphere.

Another dream job that I am most definitely looking forward to being is a Mom. I know there are days especially this week that I think oh we can wait a little longer but not a day goes by that I don't day dream about how different our lives will be when we become parents. I am sure the changes will be extremely life changing but when the day comes I cannot wait! Until then I am going to continue trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I am sure if all fails I could start a Babysitter's Club of my own!


Helene in Between

4 comments:

  1. Being a mom is the best job ever! I was a stay at home mom for twenty years and there isn't a better dream job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Babysitter's Club books too! I also loved the Saddle Club obsessively. I am currently in school to be an SLP. I worked for 5ive years before going back to school. Do you ever think about going back to be an SLP?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! I LOVED the babysitter club books! I totally had the entire collection! LOL! Twins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the babysitter's club when i was younger! I read all the books and then when the movie came out, I was sooooo excited!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great day!